- Mike wrote the bassline for Longview while he was high and forgot it the
- Mike has a sister named Myla.
- Mike took the picture of himself in the Nimrod booklet.
- Mike smoked his first joint with his mom's friend.
- Mike Dirnt is the part-owner of Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe in Emeryville, California.
Emeryvillie is between Berkeley and Oakland.
- Mike and Billie Joe are both wearing work shirts that say "Chuck" in two
music videos, Mike in Basketcase and Billie Joe in Redundant.
- Mike Dirnt completed a years worth of college courses after high school.
- On the back cover of the green day booklet for Dookie, there is a picture
of Mike Dirnt looking in the mirror. If you look in the mirror, you can partially see the person taking the picture.
- Mike was born with a heart problem and sometimes has panic attacks.
- Mike's adoptive parents divorced when he was 6.
- Mike once rented a small part of Billie's house to live in during high school.
- Mike got mistaken for a ambushing fan at Woodstock 1994, and a security
guard kicked him and knocked a couple of his teeth out.
- Mike actually believes that one day dogs will take over the world (remember
the Dookie cover?)
- In the self titled New Found Glory CD inlay it thanks Green Day and the
bass player has a special thanx to Mike "...and Mike Dirnt for the influence...".
- Mike likes donuts and hotel coffee, and Starbucks coffee aswell, maybe just
coffee in general.
- Mike likes to have those little packages of donuts on tour.
- Mike dressed up as a vampire, or as he said "Count Mikeula", for Halloween